I love the modern footnote that is "the link." So brilliant. So convenient.
I love clicking through a list of recommended photos, articles, products, and ideas. Most days, Sarah and I end up emailing or Skyping each other many times - sharing things we've read or seen. So - we thought we'd jump on the "Friday links" bandwagon (thank you, Cup of Jo, Design Mom, and numerous other blogs for the idea...), and share these things with you too.
With a Congo spin, of course.
So - here is the inaugural Friday List:
- I think a lot about glasses for little kids. Elias started wearing glasses at age 4 and the search for durable, stylish, wearable kids glasses has been a challenge I've fully embraced. Right now, we have two pairs of these. Which have been incredibly durable and great for a kindergartener living in Africa. But, these gorgeous, round glasses might be good for a more mature 6-year-old look, eh? I'm currently crushing on these:
- Remembering the explosion across the river on Sunday morning, 4 March.
- Celebrating TWO! and seriously scheming for another birthday tomorrow (30, dear husband?)
|Image by NASA.|
- Since our little ones hear and speak French on a daily basis, we're always looking for French language books and toys. But these products are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find online for shipment to the U.S. (Amazon France - argh!) I have found this amazing site, however. It's pricey, yes. But, for a special birthday treat...absolutely.
- World Bicycle Relief (WBR)?
- Listening to this. On repeat. (And trying to ignore Johan when he whines about Conor Oberst every time that song comes on.)
by Neil Krug
Picks of the weekend -
- Currently reading this book.
- Wish I was in Grade 5 at TASOK and reading this book.
- Who we pretend we are.
- And Happy 30th! Did you think we forgot?